Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I love you, you love me...

...let's go out and kill Barney
with a baseball bat and a 4 x 4
no more purple dinosaur.

There's a small resident population of Barn Owls around here that you see very occasionally, maybe once a year - usually flashing by on the A90 at night. Well there's one less of them now, as it was dead by the side of the road on the way into work this morning. That was me on the way to work, not the Barn Owl. No wait, i've told that joke before...
Barn Owl: 'I'd like a ticket to a place with lots of voles please'
Bus driver: 'Not you as well. Just f*** ***!'

2 comments:

Camera Trap Codger said...

Here in the land of fruits and nuts there's a stretch of road through the rice land in the Sacramento Valley -- route 162 --where you can find all the dead barn owls you want. Well, I'm exaggerating a bit. But I'd guess that one is bumped off every three months. Of course, artificial owl nests are all over the place these days. But what I want to know, is do we get points for those sightings? Can I add road kill to my life list?

Martin said...

I'd be disappointed if you didn't. I know many people who have a roadkill list. i guess the champion of roadkill listing is Lilian Johnson, who found the male Siberian Rubythroat squished at the roadside on Shetland in 2001.