Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Power of Procrastination

That's the problem with blogs, I'm learning - they're a great way to waste time. Right now, I'm *meant* to be writing an inciteful and thought provoking piece about Ivory-billed Woodpeckers (it's going to kick butt, if ever I get round to it), or an inciteful and thought provoking piece about identification of Iberian Chiffie (that's been on my desk for 2 years), or failing that... gulls (sob! don't even go there, it's not like I do). Instead, I'm messing about in blogs. It's worse than that, though, because if you enter a time warp of writing blogs, you go into Dr Who country of parallel universes once you start reading other peoples'. You'll notice I've added some links recently. Fraser's birding blog has too many creepy crawlies in it, but his experiences in Ayrshire remind me of my old days in West Lothian when you'd turn up to your favourite wildlife site one morning in June and find it demolished to make way for another warehouse. Happy days! From Fraser's blog you can jump into his other half's contribution, Girlbirder http://www.girlbirder.co.uk/ which is mercifully creepy-crawly free.

One I haven't linked to... although I think everyone else has, is Birdchick. http://www.birdchick.com/blog.html

I like that blog.. it starts well...

"To show the world that you can be a birder without being a geek..."

That's a very bold assertion , Sharon, I hope you can back it up...

"...I have the coolest job on the planet with Eagle Optics, I practically get paid to go bird watching..."

Count me in....

" and love to share my birding adventures and life with my disapproving rabbits."

Doh!! You couldn't back it up, could you? Let it go Birdchick.... there's nothing wrong with being a geek. Come, join us....


No comments: