Wednesday, August 13, 2008

And the lesson for today is...

... don't f*** with Russia.

So I didn't. An hour's seawatch before work, 06:00-07:00 in a reasonable northerly 4, wasn't heaving. 7 Great Skuas (5N 2S) were decent, also a jumping fish! Things were a bit slow. But there was a small passage of Eurasian Teal going north (15 in total), also 86(!) Northern Gannets north, 7 sooth, 1 Red-throated Diver south, 2 Annoying Small Waders north, and another 2 that would have been annoying small waders except they were Ruddy Turnstones, so not annoying. but easy. Also a Dipper on the shore.

Anyway, I have to go. Apparently this birdwatching thing was all a sham. According to me little spaceman friend, I'm really the chairman-dictator of a small Marxist Central American country (don't look for it on the map, the CIA removed it from all the maps), and it's time for me to go home. My people need me.

If you see someone like me at the British Birdwatching Fair, it is but a shade of a shadow of a memory.

1 comment:

Bonsaibirder said...

Jumping fish today at Whitburn - is there a pattern developing?