Friday, May 12, 2006

Lights, Camera, Revolution

Bit of drizzle in Newtonhill, first thing this morning. Just a chance it might bring some migrants down. Migrants didn't think so, though. It just brought me down! You. can't. bring. me. down. no. bring me down you can't bring me down no bring me down. bring me down. bring me down.

Gosh, sorry, went a bit weird for a moment then.

There are now at least 7 Sedge Warblers singing alongside the burn, probably 8 - think that makes it the best year, assuming they stay.

Sea was flat-calm, with streams of Kittiwakes Rissa tridactyla heading south to Fowlsheugh. Small parties of Common Scoter Melanitta nigra going the other way (there is a big flock at Blackdog, just north of Aberdeen). One Great Skua Stercorarius skua went past.

sooo... pretty quiet, but still looking good for the w/e.

No comments: