Sunday, August 02, 2009

Guest Blogger

Hi All

After a bit of a delay, the blog today is being written by me, Edward Woodward (you may remember me from such long running TV hits series as 'The Equalizer'). Martin was called away to investigate the disappearance of a young girl on an island off the west coast of Scotland, and after
a long and frankly rather implausible series of adventures, was burnt in a large Wicker effigy. I, in contrast, was on Skye from 18th-25th July, at a house on the Braes overlooking Raasay, from where it was possible to scope the Sound and see Black Guillemots at play. Or being played with by Great and Arctic (Parasitic) Skuas. I spent some time floating in the water in my dead fish outfit, until I saw this sight coming towards me.


At which point I reached for my camera and got this single shot of
White-tailed Eagle, the male from the Portree nest.

In Portree harbour, this Glaucous Gull was savouring a fish head.



We saw dinosaur footprints fossilised on the beach at Staffin... here



and enhanced here for the hard-of-seeing.




Also, I need someone to identify my moth for me...

1 comment:

baidarka said...

Is this really you Edward Woodward???the actor?I just happened upon this and was really entertained by his/your dry wit..I hope you are mending well..