Saturday, August 12, 2006

Don't want to offend...

... the sophisticated readership of Birdwatch magazine, but this post contains the word 'shit'. If you don't want to read the word 'shit', I suggest you switch over just now to a nice saccharine blog like Birdchick http://www.birdchick.com/blog.html even though it has gory bloodstains.

So yesterday I heard there were 'hundreds' of skuas battling north against the wind at Peterhead. Sounds like hyperbole to me (gasp!) but there's also lots of Storm Petrels out there, which I need for my patch list. So tea time tonight I headed out to see what harvest the sea would yield...

Behold! Her bounty...
6 Great Skuas
1 Arctic Skua
2 Manx Shearwaters
2 Common Scoters
13 Bar-tailed Godwits

Now even by my standards, that was shit. And I still need Stormy for the patch. Still, ever optimistic, I'll be back tomorrow.

Hey! Good news... I'll be at the Bird Fair next weekend, on the British Birds stand, hardly ever saying 'shit' at all, so if you were offended at being compared to a medieval plague victim (blog posting passim), now's your chance to look askance in my general direction.


No comments: